Friday, July 7, 2017

A Few Final Thoughts

I've decided that I will just post the pictures to Facebook instead of to this blog since it's rather cumbersome to try to do both, and I don't really like any of the slideshow options that work with the blog. So if you are interested, you can find pictures on Facebook. Here are a few final thoughts about the trip:

1. I am so thankful that I was able to do such a crazy trip and for travelling companions with which to do such a trip, and I'm especially thankful that I got to see Liam for a bit in Poland. It made the separation go faster, and it's now almost half way over.

2. I'm also glad that the planned doctor's appointment in Poland worked out and that the unexpected doctor's appointment in Rothenburg was there when I needed it.

3. If you even plan to do a similar trip, look into the train options well before leaving. We knew that we should buy train tickets before leaving the United States, but what we didn't realize was that we would need to order them enough in advance for them to ship them to us in the U.S. since they don't have an option of printing them online. That was definitely our most expensive mistake of the trip.

4. If you don't like sausages or potatoes in Germany, you will have a hard time finding things to eat at beer gardens. But tomato soup was on almost every menu at every restaurant.

5. Churches are really beautiful and fun to see, but they do all start to run together when you see churches in every city that you visit.

6. Downloading audio walking tours of some of the towns we were in was a really fun way to walk around and to actually understand what we were seeing.

7. Space A is a really nice way to travel when it works, but I wouldn't recommend it to most people due to the absolute need for flexibility and go-with-the-flow-ed-ness.

8. Having to pay for bathrooms is a downside to travelling in Germany, especially when one is pregnant, but a great side of travelling in Germany is that it is really easy and inexpensive to stop at grocery stores to buy lunch for the day.

9. I really enjoyed staying at youth hostels and would definitely do that again. They were all unique in some ways (their locations, old buildings, and features such as lofts and breakfast rooms), but they were pretty standard in other ways in that they all provided bedding and breakfast.

10. Will Baby Trotter be able to count all these countries that he/she has been to before he/she was even born?

And on that note, I think that concludes my travel blog for this trip. I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment